Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D

There is buzz around this film.  People who have seen it say it's fun. Jeremy Piven looks like he had a great time making this.  It's not often an actor gets to play the role of a mad, evil genius bent on world domination/destruction.  If I could act, I'd embrace a role like that.   You know, role a bunch of evil geniuses into one.  Professor Moriarty, Lex Luthor, The Joker, Goldfinger, Syndrome, Dr. Evil, and maybe throw in some Dick Cheney for extra creepiness. Yeah, Piven had a blast making this one. 

Wasn't Piven on Ellen's first show?  He was in that disturbing Very Bad Things movie.  Liked his funny sidekick, cluelessness in Grosse Pointe Blank.  Don't watch Hangers On or Entourage or whatever it's called, but people who watch it say it's really good.  Anyway, I like him.

The trailer for this movie, however, just doesn't excite me.  Maybe it's because I just ate lunch, but the silly one-liners and borderline arrogance displayed by the kids actually made me utter an expression that I heard a young girl utter in a restaurant... "Meh."  It sounded like bored indifference and it made me laugh.

So, the 4D thing... it's explained as: When you purchase your ticket you will be given an Aroma-Scope scratch-and-sniff card which you will be given instructions throughout the movie on how and when to use. However, smell is not a dimension.

Scratch and sniff?  That's not only hilarious, but kind of gross.  There is so much that can be said here, but again, I digress.

As a white(ish) male well past my teen years but not quite middle-aged, there is nothing about this movie that makes me want to see it.   I don't have cable any more (by choice... my wife's choice - but now I have more time to watch many movies, and garden, and do laundry and dishes and vacuum, and paint stuff and play the drums and be an attentive dad.  Yes, my life is complete), so I will likely never see this film even on TV.

Maybe if it's on the hotel room TV when we go on vacation, I'll watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment