Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Red State

Trailer starts off like a teen flick and I'm thinking, hmm, Kevin, where are you going with this kind of half expecting Jason Mewes to appear... then...

BAM! Kick in the balls! Holy crap! This is a serious trailer for a creepy movie. I'm thinking Rob Zombie meets Waco and Frailty seasoned with Texas Chainsaw Massacre... but then John Goodman and Kevin Pollack pop up for some comic relief, then BAM for another kick, then back to Goodman and Pollack.

John Goodman was so sad and creepy in Barton Fink. Pollack gave me an autographed picture that told me to "stay cool." Jeremy Hotz must have told him I was cool or something because why would he write that without actually meeting me? You're cool, too, Mr. Pollack.

I sat riveted to the screen when I watched An Evening with Kevin Smith.  I loved the giant spider Jon Peters Superman story.

This looks like a departure from what we've come to expect from Kevin Smith. I have no doubt he had a blast making this one.
I will pay full price concession stand hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment