Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Sunday 28 August 2011

The Guard

I laughed out loud (that's lol to the kids) watching this trailer. Lines like...

"I'm Irish, sir; racism is part of my culture..."

Question: There are gay guys in the IRA? Answer: How do you think we infiltrate the MI 5?

Brendan Gleeson is one of those actors that you see in many films but don't know, or remember his name. He's always good, but rarely does he play a lead.  I remember really liking him in 28 Days Later and thinking, he's really good, he looks familiar, what's his name?  I will remember his name, now.

Don Cheadle was great in Crash, United States of Leland, the Ocean's movies and everything else I've seen him in. He's a solid actor.

I haven't seen Mark Strong in a role other than villain, but he's really good at it. My wife made me watch some Queen of England movie and he was really good and evil. Same type of role in the Russell Crowe Robin Hood movie, which I actually liked and, as Lord Blackwood in the Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes. It works for you, Mark.

The cool thing about this trailer is that you know Cheadle and Gleeson will be working together to solve a crime and you know that part of the fun will be the two of them getting to know each other. The banter looks fun and I have a feeling that this film will not disappoint.

I'll see this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment