Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Our Idiot Brother

Was that Steve Coogan in the trailer? That scene with Steve Coogan and Alfred Molina in Coffee and Cigarettes is one of my all-time favourite shorts.

Paul Rudd. Very likeable guy. Great in Knocked Up as, well, every man. Is Our Idiot Brother the real brother of that stoner Rudd played in Forgetting Sarah Marshall? What about Bob?

Zooey Deschanel. I used to have a huge crush on her. But then I saw The Happening. I still like Zooey, but when her roles are more mature she loses that angst that makes her so charming. Adults can still have angst. Look at Elvis Costello. Saw some angst in the trailer, so I'm hopeful.

Elizabeth Banks. She could laugh in my face any time.

So, what's the verdict? I'm not sure. I love the cast, but didn't Homer Simpson cross tomatoes with tobacco to create tomacco? Didn't the cigarette companies chase him down and steal the tomacco plants? As a sub-plot, will Chef Boyardee or the makers of Ragu offer Rudd a whack of cash for his tomion hybrid, thus easing the burden of his presence on his family?  I'm hoping the payoff is better than that...

I'll see this, possibly first run.


No comments:

Post a Comment