Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Who doesn't love Johnny Depp?  Best actor on the planet to have not won an Oscar.
The majority of cinema goers seem to love the Pirates franchise.  I saw the first one and smiled a few times.  I smiled once during the second one when I'd forgotten it was Depp and not Keith Richards as the lead.  I couldn't sit through the first 15 minutes of the third.  Is this the fourth or fifth?

Is it just me or is the best actor on the planet to have not won an Oscar kind of gay in this franchise?  When I say "gay" I say it in a non-gender specific, non-judgmental, non-homophobic way referring to his femme portrayal of a tough-guy leader, comedic pirate.

Geoffrey Rush was great as Casanova Frankenstein in Mystery Men. 

One Halloween, I young boy dressed as a pirate knocked on my door.  "Trick or treat?" he said.  I said, "great costume, where are your buccaneers?"  The kid looked up at me confused and said, "On the side of my buccan head..."

I doubt I'll pay to see this film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment