Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Friday 19 August 2011

Conan the Barbarian

"I live, I love, I slay... I am content." 

I don't remember Arnold saying that in the original Conan.  Cool line, though, you know, if you're a barbarian.

So you know you're old when they are re-making movies that you saw as a kid.  I remember seeing Arnold interviewed when his version was released in 1982. During his interview, Arnold said (say out loud in Arnold's accent), "Some actors ver made vor zertain rrroles.  I vas made vor Conan." 

I have no doubt that this will be an action packed romp and, from the synopsis, similar to Arnie's version with updated special effects, of course. 

There were many Conan stories published in the 30's, so do I smell another franchise starting? Next will be Conan the Destroyer, Conan the Cimmerian... Conan the Governor, Conan the Philanderer....

There will surely be an audience for this film,  but I don't think I'll be part of that audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment