Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Tuesday 28 May 2013

VIEWED: Iron Man 3

My trailer review for Iron Man 3 said...

"...it made me think of The Dark Knight Rises.... I know that despite the stories being pretty much the same, I can't get enough.  It's the 10 year-old boy in me that absolutely loves every second of every setback and bites his nails during every battle and cheers the loudest when good triumphs over evil. Because good triumphing over evil is what is ALWAYS supposed to happen.... I can't wait to see this movie and, for 2 hours, be a 10 year old boy again.  Thank you comic book movies for giving me that joy!"

The argument with the wife continued (see my Parker review).  My opinion was based on the trailer and The Mandarin having a logo, where Bane did not have one.  So, when the wife told me that her girl friend and daughter were coming over for dinner I quickly checked the movie listings...  Hello, Iron Man 3 at the local cinema!

It really was an Iron Man rises type story... you know, just when you think you've lost everything, than you can rise up and do anything... you know... just when things seem darkest, then there is light... you know... it's the man that makes the costume and not the costume that makes the man... you know, we must move forwards, not backwards, upwards, not forwards, and always twirling towards freedom... (thanks Kang and Kodos).

I'm just being a dick.

Iron Man 3 was awesome.  I loved it.  All of it.  The dumb, the fun, the unbelievable... Downey Jr. is so awesome.  I loved The Mandarin Ben Kingsley, shithead Guy Pierce, the story, the holes in the story, EVERYTHING!

It was everything that is good about Hollywood.  It knew it's place and it made that place entertaining as hell... and I will see it again... and again... and again.

And, yes, it's like the best part of being 10 years old, again.



No comments:

Post a Comment