Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Thursday 7 March 2013

Identity Theft

I'm reviewing this trailer because the wife wants to see it this weekend.

I like Jason Bateman.  I hear that the women who plays the identity thief is a flavour of the month.  She's annoyingly funny in the trailer.

The trailer.  So, let me see if I understand this.  A man's identity is stolen.  So, he goes after the thief and hilarity, danger and general chaos ensues. They develop a bond and work together to foil a greater crime of sorts.

I'm not a screenwriter.  I'm not a film maker. I'm not even that smart. If I knew what would sell, I would try to provide it - but I don't.  I thought credit card companies have safeguards to protect the victims of identify theft.  They pardon the victim and go after the criminal.  So, my real question is: why didn't he just call the police?  I guess we'll find out in the movie why the credit card companies and the police couldn't do anything.  To me, that's the only information I'm curious about as I go to see this film.

The wife says that I should say something positive about every trailer that I review.  Here's something positive: I am pleased that this is not a prequel or sequel.

That said, I can't wait for the sequel which will likely be titled, Identity Theft 2 or Identity Theft, Too, or Also Identity Theft.

Going to see this film is strictly a peace-keeping mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment