Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Saturday 10 November 2012

VIEWED: The Amazing Spiderman

My trailer review for The Amazing Spiderman was sort of Jekyll and Hyde...

"What's really amazing is that generations aren't given enough time to forget a film before it's remade. The painfully un-creative, mainstream film makers only seem interested in revenues and they keep churning out the same stuff that idiots like me continue to pay to see. I really want to hate The Amazing Spider-Man. I hate that the same old same old is too often presented as if it is new or fresh...

Despite my rant the trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man looks damn good. It's familiar yet different. It's the story that we know but not quite. But does that make it okay? I don't know.

I do know that because I liked the trailer, I will see this one."

The verdict?

Good trailer,  Good movie.  I like when that happens.

I hate to say it, but I thought it was better than the Sam Raimi, Spiderman.  The Amazing Spiderman, story was better, more believable (as believable as comic book movies can be).  Yes, the story is basically the same, but this adaptation seemed to have more depth of character and emotion. 

Simply, I thought it was really good execution of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment