Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Wednesday 7 November 2012

All She Wrote (ASW)

This link was sent to me by A Film Company.  Thank you and thanks for the follow...

I'm not really a documentary film buff.  Don't get me wrong.  I do enjoy watching them.  It's just that this blog is really about reviewing movie trailers, which I am aware is kind of silly.  Once in a while a documentary will jump out at me and I'll review the trailer.  The last one to do that was not that interesting but the one before was for Senna.  As in Ayrton Senna, the famed F1 driver and legend.  It jumped out at me because I love cars.

This past summer I was in the market of a new (used) car.  Instead of being attracted to things the wife wanted, like fuel economy, practicality and reliability, I was more interested in 0 - 60 mph (100 kmh) sprint times, standing 1/4 mile times and skid pad numbers.  Yes, there are cars that encompass both sides, but they were all very far out of my price range.  Whenever I came close to making a decision about a car, I discussed it with the wife and we always ended up at a stalemate.

One day I said to the wife, "I'm getting a sports car and that's final."  She asked me why I wanted a sports car so badly and of course I responded with the performance argument.  She retaliated with three questions:

1) How long is your commute to work?
I answered, "12 kilometres."

2) During the commute when you sit in traffic does the car ever reach 100 km (60 mph)?
I answered, "well, no."

3) When the hell have you ever been on a skid pad or on a race track for that matter?

I was clearly defeated.  She was right.  It's a good thing she doesn't love me for my brain.

Oh yeah, All She Wrote.

I watched two teaser trailers for this documentary.  Both showed women involved in graffiti art for both different and similar reasons.  During my commute this morning I was behind a bus.  The billboard on the back of the bus stated: 50% of all women will be emotionally or physically abused during their lifetime.  What a sad and demoralising statistic.   Just how far have we evolved as a species?  Max Beerbohm said that, "to destroy is still the greatest instinct in nature."  That's messed up.

All She Wrote, looks like stories about women who are engaged in art as an outlet and tool for healing.  While the teaser trailers touched on the process in the first person, the raw and real emotion that seems to be present below the surface of the trailer seems quite deep.

Despite the wife telling me that I "have no feelings,"  the teaser trailers for All She Wrote, showed that despite the pain, there can be hope, and even healing. Powerful stuff.

Please see for yourself: http://afilmcompany.wordpress.com/2012/11/07/all-she-wrote-teaser-2-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment