Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Tuesday 6 November 2012

914 Dunne

And now for something completely different...

914 Dunne is an independent film that is currently in production.  I received the trailer link yesterday and, as I always do, checked the running time.  Over 4 minutes!  "Could this be the entire film, I thought?"  It wasn't.

If you are a regular to this blog, you may remember this:

"I hate movie trailers with actor/director commentaries. Sell it with a good trailer, not with some actor/director that I may or may not like trying to suck my... money... If I want special features I'll buy or rent the DVD... oh wait, there is no Blockbuster (please reference: http://beerbohmtastic.blogspot.ca/2011/10/editorial-good-bye-blockbuster.html ) and many are getting movies on-line where there are no "special features."  Maybe this is a way to give us some "special features?" Geez, I just talked myself off a ledge.  Okay.  I feel better."

The trailer for 914 Dunne did what I don't usually like so differently and well. Thus, I liked what I don't usually like and actually found myself grinning widely when the trailer/promo ended.

914 Dunne is a comedy caper story about two start-up criminals who break into a private residence.  Basic stuff, right?  The trailer opens with the director, Ryan Robins, telling us about his film, while cutting to the footage.  Pretty regular stuff that usually annoys me.  But what sold me is this...

Ryan is now a part of the story as he is the victim of the home invasion and he continues to talk about the film as the criminals hold him and the female lead hostage.  I'm not sure if this has been done before but I thought it was clever and very funny.  Then, Ryan takes it even further.  This trailer/teaser/promo is actually an ask to the viewer to help fund the film.

Please help fund the film so I can review the official trailer...  :)

Please go here: http://www.indiegogo.com/914







2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words about our kickstarter Beerbohmtastic.

    Here is our trailer for 914 Dunne.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7-FpXjATME

    ReplyDelete