Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Thursday 29 March 2012

Wrath of the Titans

While watching the trailer for Wrath of the Titans all I could think of was, what is this awesome music? It took a few seconds until I realized it was a cover of The Eurhythmics, Sweet Dreams.  Who would be so bold as to cover this song so beautifully heavy?  Marilyn Manson, that's who.  Great f**king cover, dude.

So, it looks like we may have our first nominee for the 2013 Beerbohm Awards for Best Music or Song in a trailer.

I had to watch the trailer a second time, but still couldn't focus on the action.  I watched the trailer a third time without the volume and "saw" what the movie was about. 

It's the half man, half god Sam Worthington being put in a position by his dad, Zeus, (who killed his other dad) to have to save the world because only he can.  You know, because dudes like Zeus, all god, aren't as strong as a half-god. And this is obviously the sequel to Clash of the Titans, which was a remake of Clash of the Titans.  I'm not sure if there was a sequel to the original...

What I saw in the trailer, was a lot of fighting and monsters and large rocks and structures breaking from the force of the fighting monsters.

Ralph Fiennes is in this one.  I don't care much for him.  Spider was boring and he was one of the worst casting choices in history as Frances Dolerhyde in Red Dragon.  He was okay in In Bruges.

As stories go, this one is pretty lame and cliché.  As action movies go, it could be fun.  I might see it.

2 comments:

  1. Greggie, the Curmudgeon30 March 2012 at 21:40

    Really? That tough on Ralphy boy? Thought he was convincingly creepy in Red Dragon and did a pretty good job - though maybe not as good as Tom Noonan in the original role Manhunter (which I haven't seen but Rotten Tomotoes gives it a whopping 94% vs. Red Dragon at 68%). Though not a fan of Michael Mann - and William Petersen? Could you get any woodier? Guess your career petered out...

    And yeah - Wrath, lame on story, tough on action. RT didn't like the Clash (28%) but plugged the Olivier original (68%).

    What's with all the RT? All I can do when I haven't seen the flick. I leave the kick-ass trailer reviews to the Beerbohmtastic experts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ralphy was too pretty for the Dollarhyde role in Red Dragon. When the book describes Dollarhyde, it's pretty much describing Tom Noonan. If it wasn't for Hopkins' depiction of Lecter, the movie would have been a complete waste of time... As much as I like Ed Norton as an actor, he was also miscast, though not as badly as Ralphy boy.

      I agree that Peterson is woody, but I think he was perfect as the pychologically damaged Will Graham. Woody could be damaged, right?

      As always, thanks for the comment and thanks for reading!

      MP

      Delete