Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Wednesday 14 March 2012

VIEWED: War Horse

A funny thing happened on the way to seeing Contraband at the Rainbow Cinema $2 Tuesdays during March break.  Aside from all the kids running around and the place being packed, Contraband was sold out.  The only movie with available seating was War Horse.  I almost made the wife return the tickets she bought while I was parking the car.

My recommendation for this one was...

"I hear horses are kind of dumb and that we give them too much credit. I'm kind of dumb, too, but not enough credit."

So, War Horse is like a series of connected vignettes strung together by a boy's love for a special horse.  The horse, Joey, touches everyone (everyone with a heart, that is) he crosses paths with.

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for a slow moving story of triumph that manipulates emotions but is supposed to leave you feeling good in the end. 

War Horse was a decent movie and I can see how it was nominated for a best picture Oscar. The best part of it for me, however, was just before the drawn out end sequence the wife said, "let's get out of here."

Please note:  The views of the wife do not necessarily reflect the views of Beerbohmtastic

No comments:

Post a Comment