Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Saturday 25 February 2012

VIEWED: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

My recommendation for this one was...

"While you expect a smart tale of espionage, treason and betrayal from the mind of John LeCarre, the trailer looked really, really dry. I was actually thirsty when it ended.

Despite the dry trailer, I have no doubt that Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy will be an entertaining, multi-layered and suspenseful story that will keep the audience guessing as to who the mole is until the very end.

I think Mark Strong is the mole."


Everything about this film was 70's authentic, from the clothes to the hair to the attitudes to the music and sets and even the general feel. 

But seriously, who wants to hear 70's men talk in "circus" code for 2 hours while nothing really happens?  I shouldn't say "nothing" because they catch the mole and it isn't Mark Strong. 

Gary Oldman is a great actor though his performance in this film was understated to the point of boring.  If he wins an Oscar it should be for his brilliant work as an actor and not for this role because he has done much better.

Let's just say that this movie is as dry as the trailer and I'm still thirsty. 

3 comments:

  1. I liked it.

    I think Benedict Cumberbatch is fucking phenomenal in it. (Then again, when is he ever not.)

    Your review displeases me.

    I am now going to glare at my computer and hope you feel my wrath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benedict Cumberbatch was the best actor in that film, agreed. He's really good.

      I love Gary Oldman and frankly, the whole cast but I just didn't like the movie. It was drier than burnt toast.

      I will now glare at your email and hope you hear my giggles.

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
    2. I will accept your dislike of the movie since you have (correctly) acknowledged the incomprehensibly wonderful force that is Benedict.


      Carry on.

      Delete