Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Saturday 11 February 2012

VIEWED: Chronicle

My recommendation for this one was....

"If done well, Chronicle could be a really cool examination of the good/evil struggle. It could also be like watching a train wreck. Like the morbid fascination of staring at the scene of a bloody wreckage, I am interested in seeing Chronicle for the same reason."

Yes, it was done well.  Yes, it was a cool examination of right vs. wrong.  Yes, it was like watching a train wreck.  Yes, I found it entertaining, and even kind of sad.  And yes, I enjoyed it.

The coolest thing about Chronicle is that it's only 75 minutes long, which means: like the movie or not, it doesn't take up too much of your time.

1 comment:

  1. Saw this movie on Friday. I agree completely with your analysis. Not to get too philosophical, but they did a great job of spelling out how the kid goes from good to bad. It's believable and heart-breaking. So many transitions suck the big popsicle.

    For example: The all-time worse transition ever was how Anakin Skywalker went from good to bad or how and why Padme went from disrespecting Anakin as an annoyance to falling in love with him.

    Well done Chronicle. I believed.

    Apologies for the Star Wars references.

    Also, I have half a post written with my nominees. Hopefully, I finish it and post it.

    ReplyDelete