Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Saturday 18 February 2012

Here are your nominees for the Inaugural Beerbohm Awards for Movie Trailers



And the nominees for the 2012 Inaugural Beerbohm Awards are:

BEST TRAILER

The Best Trailer Award is given to the trailer which truly teases, entertains and leaves the viewer wanting more.

The nominees for best trailer are:

Red State

Apollo 18

The Descendants

Contagion

The Debt


WORST TRAILER

The Worst Trailer Award is given to the trailer that left the viewer (me) annoyed,
but not annoyed enough to dump it in the trailer park.

 
The nominees for worst trailer are:

Melancholia

A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas 3D

Jack and Jill

Shark Night 3D

This Means War


 
MOST MISLEADING TRAILER

The Most Misleading Trailer goes to the trailer that misrepresented the film.
It applies to either a good trailer for a bad film or bad trailer for a good film.

The nominees for the most misleading trailer are:

Carnage

The Grey

Dream House

Reel Steel

Chronicle


WORST SPOILER TRAILER

The Worst Spoiler Trailer goes to the trailer that gives so much away
that there was no point seeing the movie (even though I may have).

The nominees for the worst spoiler trailer are:


The Help

Abduction

Straw Dogs


Monte Carlo


The Whistleblower


Final Destination 5



BEST MUSIC IN A TRAILER

The Best Music in a Trailer goes to the trailer with either the best overall music or song.

The nominees for the best music in a trailer are:

Queen Bitch by David Bowie (Young Adult trailer)

The Immigrant Song, performed by Trent Reznor (The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo - 2011, trailer - David Fincher version)

No Church in the Wild, performed by Jay-Z and Kanye West (Safe House trailer)

BEST ONE-LINER IN A TRAILER

Snow White and the Huntsman:
It once pained me to know that I am the cause of such despair...
but now their cries give me strength.
Spoken by Charlize Theron

Conan the Barbarian:
I live, I love, I slay... I am content
Spoken by Jason Momoa

Red State:
I think it's the use of the word 'repeat' that makes this work, everytime
Spoken by Kevin Pollack

50/50:
A tumor? Me? That doesn't make sense. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I recycle.
Spoken by Joseph Gordon-Levitt

The Avengers:
If we can't protect the earth, you can be damn sure we'll avenge it.
Spoken by Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man)

Congratulations to all nominees.  Winners will be announced the week after the Oscars!


No comments:

Post a Comment