Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Thursday 29 September 2011

VIEWED: Red State

My recommendation for this one was...

"This looks like a departure from what we've come to expect from Kevin Smith. I have no doubt he had a blast making this one.  I just hope I have the stomach to enjoy watching it.  Big screen."

Saw a screening of this last night.  I was a bit worried that it would be a Rob Zombie-esque, Saw-type, grind-house film.  You know, filled with disturbing and gratuitous violence.  Let's face it; the trailer had that written all over it.  That said, the trailer looked really cool and I was very interested in what Kevin Smith would do with a movie like this.

Well, if I can be so presumptuous as to say that Kevin Smith has come of age; I'm saying it.  This story is so well written, told so tastefully, depicting human conflict and struggle, with a blurred line between good and evil and without judgment or the need for gratuitous violence.  Everything: the story, dialogue, acting, visuals were brilliant. 

I sat riveted to the screen for the hour-and-a-half and by the end could articulate only one word:  Wow.

All hail Kevin Smith for he has taken this genre to a higher level.

No comments:

Post a Comment