Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Friday 16 September 2011

Abduction

When I read the synopsis I couldn't help but be intrigued by this one.  The concept is actually interesting.  Boy raised by a family only to find an old picture of himself on a missing child type website.  As a teenager, I often wondered if the stupid people always telling me what to do could possibly be my real parents.  There must have been some mistake.  Switched at birth... anything.  What kid hasn't thought of this? A movie with this apparent theme?  Could be good.

One of my favourite Mark Twain quotes is something to the effect of, "at 16, I couldn't believe how stupid my father was, but by 21 I was amazed at how much he'd learned in 5 years..." 

So, as my curiosity is piqued and I'm thinking this is a good trailer with a great concept. BAM!  The trailer goes super cliché and I groan in disappointment. The kid (teenager) turns out to be some special experiment and he seems to have super human strength and, since he is on to the "conspiracy" it appears that he outsmarts and kicks the collective asses of the entire CIA or FBI or Military or whatever.  Is this every teenager's fantasy? 

My disappointment in the trailer brought to mind a line from the Jim Carroll song, People Who Died.  "Things just go from bad to worse/ it starts like a kiss, it ends like a curse."

Kind of like biting into a fresh, crispy apple, only to find a worm.

Pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment