Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll

When I saw the title, I thought it was just another crappy teen movie using a classic old line.... then I read the synopsis and my grin grew from ear to ear and all I could think of was F**K YEAH!!!

New Boots and Panties is one of my all-time favourite top 10 on a desert island albums.  The A-side is Dury's raunchy lyrics (My Old Man, though is pretty heartfelt) sung over some smooth, nicely produced music.  For the time, the production value was the equivalent of a Manhattan penthouse. Clean, crisp and it made even the worst ghetto-blaster sound good.  From what I've heard, his band was made up of some seriously talented session players. I had a crappy cassette deck in my old VW, but this album always made it sound so much better than it was.  The B-side was insane; songs like Plaistow Patricia, Blockheads and the Blackmail Man were serious hardcore punk songs.  He was f**king awesome!  I even liked the album he put out in 1998 called Mr. Love Pants.

I was actually giddy watching this trailer because I didn't know much about him, other than the Polio.  I also didn't know that he had such iconic status, at least enough to warrant a movie. Thank you to whomever decided to do create this (hopefully) tribute to one of my favourites.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment