Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Monday 12 August 2013

We're the Millers

The wife wants to see this film.  I still haven't seen Pacific Rim.

I continue to express how annoying it is to watch a trailer that is over a minute too long.  This trailer should have ended at the 1:36 mark and I may have been mildly interested in seeing the outcome.

I can't express enough how much I'm beginning to despise the glorification of criminal behaviour on film, especially when it's presented as comedy.  Oh, how fun... let's lie, cheat and do something dangerous and illegal and have a good laugh about it and not get killed and not go to prison and maybe learn a lesson and find love and...

Seriously?  This is what Hollywood is producing?  

INDEPENDENT FILM MAKERS, PLEASE SEND ME MORE OF YOUR TRAILERS!

My friend saw We're the Millers on the weekend and said it was funny, but really stupid.

I must be getting old and was recently told that I've lost touch with my sophomoric side.  Maybe so, but when I watch a trailer that tells me pretty much everything about the film I feel like I've been given the appetizer as the main course, so why should I bother paying for the main course?

Sadly, I know I will be forced to watch this nonsense because I am a good husband and will take it for the team.  Besides, if I concede to seeing this idiotic looking film, I think I might be able to get a free pass to see Pacific Rim.

'Nuff said.




No comments:

Post a Comment