Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Monday 15 April 2013

Iron Man 3

I only watched the teaser trailer (2:03).  There's a longer "official" trailer but I was afraid to watch it because I didn't want anything to spoil my excitement for the release of this film.

I love this Iron Man franchise.  The first one is one of my all time favourite comic book movies.  The second one was entertaining.  The Avengers was one of the best ever!

I am truly a sucker for comic book movies.  I love them, even the mediocre ones have their merit, but the really bad ones are so hard to watch.... Green Lantern, Fantastic 4, Ghost Rider...

I think it was director legend, Robert Altman, that said Robert Downey Jr. is the greatest living American actor.  He said this long before Iron Man.  Altman commented that no matter what issues Downey Jr. was facing in his life, he always arrived on set prepared and professional.  That is very high praise.

Guy Pierce is really good at playing a dick.  Ben Kinglsey: from Gandhi to Sexy Beast to Suspect Zero to The Mandarin... he's simply awesome in everything he does.

So, we've established that the villains are good... but what about the trailer?

Despite my excitement for this film, the trailer kind of left me in one of those... this reminds me of... moods.

As in, it made me think of The Dark Knight Rises or even Superman Begins (I mean Man of Steel, of course). You know, hero loses everything and despite all odds rises from the ashes to save or avenge the world.  Yeah, I know that's the theme to pretty much all of these movies and yeah, I know that despite the stories being pretty much the same, I can't get enough.  It's the 10 year-old boy in me that absolutely loves every second of every setback and bites his nails during every battle and cheers the loudest when good triumphs over evil. Because good triumphing over evil is what is ALWAYS supposed to happen.

It's just that I had to say something "critical" because that's kind of what I do on this blog... but f**k it!

I can't wait to see this movie and, for 2 hours, be a 10 year old boy again.  Thank you comic book movies for giving me that joy!






No comments:

Post a Comment