Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Friday 2 December 2011

A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas - in 3D

I had a friend who worked on the Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, film. She's been in the film business for many years and she told me that working on the set of Harold and Kumar go to White Castle was the most fun she's ever had on a movie set. She also said that viewing the film was a huge let down.

I saw H and K go to White Castle. I didn't work on the film but agree that it was a huge let down. Some might say it was idiotic... not me, necessarily, but some.

I didn't want to see them at Guantanamo Bay.

The trailer had enough juvenile adult subject matter to take aim at Bad Santa (please see my November post for Arthur Christmas) but all the pieces of Harold and Kumar Save Christmas (Or was that Earnest who saves it?) seem more like an assortment of stupid human tricks and tasks aimed at an audience that is not made up of me. 

So, the gist of it is that two guys who likely come from one or more of the following backgrounds: Hindu, Sikh, Muslim, Buddhist, Taoist..... none of which celebrate Christmas, shoot Santa in the face (not as an act of hostility, but by accident.... how is this funny?) and then must save Christmas, while gay (not that there's anything wrong with it) Doogie Howser continues to pretend he's a bad boy, playboy, ladies’ man Heff type and, from what I get from the trailer, may or may not be a relative of, or affiliated with Santa Claus.  And, you get all this in 3-D! 

In the words of Forest Gump, "stupid is as stupid does."


If I'm physically handed this film in February, I might watch it in July.

2 comments:

  1. After viewing, these movies literally make you wish you had time back and leave one with an overwhelming sense of regret.

    Its like the feeling you get when you stay up all night on a weeknight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greggie, the Curmudgeon5 December 2011 at 12:41

    Yup - and what a sad thing given the comic promise of both actors. It's the writing and the premise that bites...

    ReplyDelete