Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Tuesday 9 October 2012

VIEWED: Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

Yes, still catching up... I'm sure I'll start posting relevant trailer and movie reviews soon...

My recommendation for this one was...

"The only mystery will be what obstacles they have to overcome because we already know that they were successful - at least that's what the trailer implies.  When I reviewed the trailer for The Help I said, 'So the meat of this film was handed as a two-minute appetizer, while the two-hour filler will be presented, following the cost of admission, as the main course.   That's like paying $50 for bruschetta and $7 for lobster.'  Only this time it's $7 for salmon.  This is likely a date night movie, but not my choice."

Yes, it was a date night movie.  There were some very minor twists that the trailer didn't spoil, but they didn't really impact the fact that the trailer will be nominated for a 2013 Beerbohm Award for Worst Spoiler Trailer. 

That said, the wife said that Salmon Fishing in the Yemen was mildly entertaining and wasn't as bad as my trailer review implied... I tried to argue that my review was of the trailer and not of the film and that the purpose of this blog is to review trailers understanding that none of my trailer reviews are to be taken seriously....

My review of the film is:  Yup, just as the wife said.

No comments:

Post a Comment