Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Sunday 8 April 2012

VIEWED: Everyday Sunshine: The story of Fishbone

My recommendation for this one was...

"This band rocks out with their cocks out ALL THE TIME....
I continued to buy the CDs and listen in awe to their genius, while never understanding why they weren't more popular. I look forward to seeing Everyday Sunshine to learn more and once again, be inspired by the music of Fishbone."

Wow.  I don't know what to say...

You hear stories about unrealized potential and wasted talent... But the Fishbone story is about realized talent reaching full potential and elevating music beyond record company categories, labels and musical genres.  Even as teenagers these guys were amazing musicians! Sadly, as Angelo says, "money does matter..."  But he says this after 25 years of struggle and ultimately, record sales and revenues are how success is measured.

Fishbone offered the world a tremendous gift in the most honest and creative way possible, unfortunately the world just didn't understand it or wasn't ready for it.

Chris, Lev, this is one of the best music documentaries I've ever seen.  Beautiful, sad, inspiring and so f**king real! 

I know I'll watch it again...  In the meantime, all Fishbone is back on my everyday playlist.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment