Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Monday 30 April 2012

The Avengers

I watched the trailer for The Avengers a few months ago and the line "if we can't protect the earth, you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it" was nominated (submitted by a reader) for a 2012 Beerbohm Award for Best Line in a Trailer.  I was giddy from excitement when I watched it then but didn't review it.  I am giddy from watching this trailer, now.... several times over. 

Anyone who knows me or reads this blog knows that I am a huge fan of comic book movies - unless they star.... ahhh f**k it, I'm too giddy to slam anyone or anything right now.  That is the last time I will use the word "giddy" in this review.

I loved the Iron Man movies and believe that Robert Downey Jr. is one of America's best actors.

Captain America was okay, but I had the feeling I was watching the videogame, Return to Castle Wolfenstein.  Aside from Hugo Weaving being awesome as the villain, it was important to see where/how Captain America fit with The Avengers.

I watched Thor while awaiting The Avengers release (kind of made sense).  I found that I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  The presence of Hawkeye, Agent Phil Coulson and Sam L. in Thor highlighted the ties to The Avengers. And Tom Hiddleston, who was awesome as F. Scott Fitzgerald in Midnight in Paris, plays Loki, brilliantly.

I liked Eric Bana as The Hulk. I didn't like Ed Norton's Hulk, especially when I heard that he was so pissed that he didn't get cast over Bana that he decided to make his own. Crybaby. Mark Ruffalo is a good choice.

Samuel L. Jackson is always f**king cool but for some reason Nick Fury reminds me of a bald Elijah Price - a character played by Sam in another comic book type movie, Unbreakable.  Maybe it's just all that black leather...

No point in me really reviewing the trailer.  We know the drill, good guys vs. bad guys to save (or at least avenge) the earth.  This movie looks and feels like a winner and I'm too um... excited about it.

I can't wait to see it on the big screen and I hope that my local cinema has stocked enough red licorice.

1 comment:

  1. It is so fuh-reaking AWESOME!! There was only one part that I was iffy on but it led to so much awesome I didn't care. Its really entertaining and its just a ridiculous amount of "That was so fucking cool!". Make the time to see it in the theater in 3D. Just fucking AWSOME!!

    ReplyDelete