Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Friday 21 June 2013

This is The End

Film has licence to make fun of almost anything:  alien invasion, genocide, serial killers, Hollywood, Smurfs, identity theft, cancer - not to mention all of the obvious stuff like, family, celebrity, relationships etc.

I am still mad at Seth Rogan for butchering The Green Hornet.  But am less mad at him for casting the brilliant Christoph Waltz as the villain.

So a comedy about the end of the world as seen and experienced by pot heads. I guess because it's seen and experienced by pot heads it's going to be funny.  I've heard that it's funny.  My friend, Ian, from the U.K. said it was juvenile funny.  Well, what would one expect from end of the world stoned people?

The trailer is kind of funny.  It shows exactly what the film is about: stoned people at the end of the world.  That's all I can really say about the trailer. I didn't laugh nor smile during the trailer.  I wasn't stoned, though, and haven't been in more than 7 years.

I guess I'd want to be high at the end of the world.  You know, to enjoy the cool sights and sounds and take it all in.  I could imagine that our entire universe is like a speck of dust in the fingernail of some giant being and universes are created and destroyed in what seems like tens of thousands of years to us but is really only a millisecond to our giant being host.

No, I'm not high while writing this.

Yes, I'll see this one but mostly because the wife wants to.


No comments:

Post a Comment