Welcome

Please email any comments or review requests to beerbohmtastic@gmail.com.
Follow Beerbohmtastic on Twitter @beerbohmtastic.

Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man

What's really amazing is that generations aren't given enough time to forget a film before it's remade. The painfully un-creative, mainstream film makers only seem interested in revenues and they keep churning out the same stuff that idiots like me continue to pay to see. I really want to hate The Amazing Spider-Man.  I hate that the same old same old is too often presented as if it is new or fresh... 

I've said many times on this blog that I believe it's better to remake a bad movie than it is to remake a good movie badly.

After watching the trailer for The Amazing Spider-man, the first question I asked myself was: was the Sam Raimi, Stan Lee (writer) Spiderman a bad movie? Well it wasn't great but I liked it, so I say no, it wasn't a bad movie.  Tobey Maguire is believable in every role. Were the remakes bad movies?  I liked the second, mostly because of Alfred Molina. I didn't see the third, Spiderman Also Again, though I'm not sure why.

So, will this be a badly made remake of a good movie?

But then there's Batman.  60's camp movie then TV, which were both very popular.  Years of cartoons.  Then Tim Burton's butchery... (I like Tim, but his Batman was lame and the sequels were worse).  But then the Christopher Nolan vision made everything right again.  Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight is arguably the best super villain performance in history.

So it stands to reason that, when referring to the Tim Burton vision of Batman, Tim made a bad remake of a good movie and Chris Nolan made a good remake of a bad movie... that kind of skews the theory, or does it?  I'm confused.  I'll review Dark Knight Rises very soon...

AND everyone says they stay true to the comic book.....

If you are a regular to this blog you know that I love comic book movies. There are very few that I will not see. Ghost Rider and Green Lantern I believe are the only two I haven't seen for reasons expressed too many times... The other day the wife and I even watched Kick Ass, just because of the superhero thing and despite Cage - he wasn't too bad, actually.

Where was I?

Despite my rant the trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man looks damn good. It's familiar yet different. It's the story that we know but not quite. But does that make it okay? I don't know.

I do know that because I liked the trailer, I will see this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment